This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Pair turn an Austrian store into their personal playground after hours.
It proved the ultimate lock-in for BMX duo Senad Grosic and Corey Bohan after they were locked into an Austrian DIY store after hours. The pair, instead of calling for help, made the most of the situation though and turned the deserted location into their personal BMX El Dorado playground.
Here is all you need to know:
– A video of their antics, Nailed It, shows the playground and tricks they managed to produce at Hagebaumarkt DIY store in Mondsee, Austria.
– The lock-in lasted two days and a night allowing Austrian Grosic and his Australian counterpart Bohan plenty of time in which to be as creative as humanly possible.
– It meant the pair could use everything and anything at their disposal, making use of tools, high-pressure cleaners, leaf blowers and even the occasional garden gnome for their filming experience.
– Grosic has been on the BMX scene for two decades, the 39-year-old enjoying success at national and international level. Meanwhile, the now US-based Bohan is renowned for his wild riding style, completing the first BMX Dirt Triple in X Games history.
– Grosic said of the experience: “Hardware stores are to a BMX rider what toy shops are to children. They seem to offer just anything, and everywhere you turn you can get the next crazy idea. I always wanted to be locked in one to do whatever I wanted. We really made the most of the two days and had a fantastic time.”
– His co-conspirator Bohan, meanwhile, added: “When Senad told me about his idea, I was fired up immediately. This is probably one of the coolest things imaginable. I found the story of the video super funny too. I hope it’s as much fun for people to watch as it was for both of us in the store.”