This post is also available in: Italiano (Italian)
Rock faces, diggers and huge tires used by Dominik Hernler and friends.
A steel filter, a tune of rock, a digger and a huge track could not seem the ultimate plaything.
But three world-class wakeboarders turned these objects into the ultimate wakeboard experience inside a disused quarry in Carinthia, Austria.
– Falling Rocks follows the novel voyage of the X Games medallists and wakeboarders Dominik Hernler, Felix Georgii and Parks Bonifay.
– Pulled by a winch, it was a return to his roots for Hernler, who persuaded his peers to join him on the quarry quest.
– They used to be a stone, made of steel, which was turned into a kicker, as well as steel pipes for rails and drainage pipes, a digger, vast tires and metal sheets over the course of two weeks .
– Among the stand-out stunts was Herner using a four-meter high digger bucket to put a cab. 270 front boardslide into his run.
– Hernler said: “For me, the Falling Rocks project was very special as it took place practically around the corner from my home. Finally, we did not have a road trip in which we were able to get rides with one specific spot. It is particularly pleased to me that I know so many friends from home were there to help. It was awesome to have the Parks and Felix there. ”
– Georgii said of the collaboration: “When Dominik and Sam showed me the quarry for the first time, I was overwhelmed. The vertical wall with the crystal clear water looks awesome and offers everything for a perfect wakeboard set-up. ”
– Previous eye-catching wakeboard experiences from Hernler have included the hydropower plants of Upper and Lower Austria, and a trip through Paris’ waterways.